|2255 W. Berry Ave.
Littleton, CO 80120
The Public Works Department is comprised of seven divisions: Administration, Engineering, Traffic, Street Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Building Maintenance and Fleet Maintenance.
These divisions are responsible for design, construction, inspection, and preventative maintenance of the roads, traffic systems, public buildings and landscape areas within the city. Additionally, the staff is responsible for infrastructure planning in the community and construction inspection of projects proposed by the private sector. The department manages the following public improvement activities:
- Street lighting
- Planting flowers
- Community vegetable gardens (Pea Patches)
- Main Street holiday lighting display
- Management of sanitary sewer system
- Storm drainage improvements and maintenance
- City open space areas, coordinating with South Suburban Parks and Recreation
- Street sweeping, pothole-patching, snow/ice control, concrete installation and repairs, street maintenance
- Manage traffic signals, school flashers, electronic speed signs, crosswalks, more than 8,000 traffic signs
- Works closely with numerous city organizations including: Western Welcome Week, downtown merchants, homeowner associations, etc.
- Maintenance, repair and safety of more than 30 city-owned facilities