Application deadline has been extended for 2016. Applications will be prioritized based on need and income. Qualifying participants will be notified in mid-May. Thank you for your interest.
For 2016, the Summer Cleanup & Recycling Program has a new approval process. Residents who wish to participate in the service must complete one of the following:
The 2016 Summer Clean-up Recycling Program is administered by the City of Littleton Development Services Division from June until end of July. It is intended to provide assistance for residents who are unable to remove household items that traditional trash/rubbish collectors cannot accept, and have no other available assistance.
Items that are accepted
- old appliances (refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, etc.);
- used tires (four per household);
- old lumber (remove all nails first);
- large limbs or stumps (debris that is too large to be accepted by your trash collector);
- electronics (TVs, computers, VCRs, vacuums, lamps, etc.)
Items that will not be accepted
- construction materials;
- household garbage;
- commercial rubbish;
- hazardous materials such as paint, motor oil, batteries, etc.;
- branches (trash collectors will pick up branches that have been cut into 6-foot lengths and bundled);
- any item that your regular trash collector will pick up;
- items that are usable and could be donated.