Video recording now the official record for meetings
In March 2014 city council approved an ordinance making video recording of meetings the official record for the City of Littleton. The Littleton City Clerk’s Office is the first in the State of Colorado to facilitate this method of providing minutes to citizens.
The video recording is a word-for-word documentation of the meetings. There are huge productivity savings for not only the city clerk but for other board or commission recording secretaries. It is estimated that 150 hours a month of staff time can be redirected to other priorities.
View meeting videos, documents with Legistar
Since 2009, the city has used the Granicus system to stream live meetings online and to store videos for on-demand viewing. In 2013, city council approved the purchase of an additional Grancius system called "Legistar," an agenda, minutes and attachment manager all in one. The entire meeting packet process is now more automated has been made paperless.
The steps below explain how to set up and use the new Legistar System. If you have any questions about the new system, call the Littleton City Clerk's Office at 303-795-3780.
How to use the new Legistar System
1. From the city's home page, click on one of the two buttons to the Calendar of Events.
Alternatively, you can click on the "Agendas & Videos" button to go straight to the Legistar page, #4a below.
2. From the Calendar of Events, click on the meeting you want to view.
3. Click on the agenda and attachments link.
4a. Use the drop-down filters to narrow the list. These selections will "stick" until you change them in your browser on your computer.
4b. There are two ways to view the agenda — as a web page and as a PDF.
Click on "Meeting Details" to open the agenda as a web page.
Click on "PDF Agenda" to open the PDF version of the agenda.
5. The Meeting Details page can be configured using the Show drop-down menu (1) to show all agenda items, or only the items that have an action. From this page, you can also open the PDF version of the agenda (2) and file details (3).
6. Clicking on a file details link (3 above) in the Meeting Details page will open details to that item, including links to related files.
7. The PDF agenda has links to the same attachments as the web page version.