|City Manager's Office
|2255 W. Berry Ave.
Littleton, CO 80120
The City Manager's Office has the primary responsibility for coordinating the activities of all city departments, translating council policy into action programs, and providing timely public information.
Like most cities in Colorado, Littleton utilizes the council/manager form of government. Under this system, the city council hires a professional city manager who is responsible for implementation of the city council’s policies as well as the daily administration and management of all city departments. The strength of the council/manager form of government lies in the political leadership of the city council combined with the strong managerial expertise of a professional city manager.
The staff includes the city manager, deputy city manager, director of communications, public relations specialist, webmaster and executive secretary. Among the department’s responsibilities are:
- Processing mail and correspondence for city council;
- Establishing the council meeting and study session agendas;
- Administering the council outreach program;
- Media relations and public information;
- City website;
- Government access channel Littleton 8 programming and scheduling;
- Council meeting video coverage;
- Administration of the cable television franchise;
- Water and wastewater issues;
- Supervision and evaluation of all city department directors;
- Major public improvement and infrastructure projects;
- Personnel grievances;
- Partnership with South Suburban Parks and Recreation regarding management of the city’s park and recreation facilities;
- Development of the annual proposed budget;
- Coordination with other governmental agencies;
- Special events;
- Emergency preparedness.