This year's deadline: 5 p.m. Friday, September 20, 2013
A Photo Release Form must accompany all photos submitted to the Littleton Calendar Photo Contest.
The photo contest for the Littleton Calendar and Annual Report is open to the public. Entries are accepted all year long, up to the deadline. A signed release must accompany all photos. The city's Fine Arts Board judges all the photographs and chooses 13 winners — one for each month, and one for the cover of the calendar. For more information, call 303-795-3728. The following rules apply:
- Only color slides or prints which present an image that is taken within, or associated with, the City of Littleton will be accepted. Photographers are strongly encouraged to take pictures that are easily recognizable as being in the city limits. Please check the address to be sure that the photo was taken within the city limits. Many locations have a Littleton mailing address, but are not in the city limits.
- Prints must be a minimum of 4" x 6" (8" x 10" preferred).
- Horizontal images only.
- Digital prints must be accompanied by a CD with the original high-resolution TIF or JPG files (300 dpi at 8" x 10") to be eligible.
- Images must be released for reproduction in the calendar and future publications. Winning photographers maintain personal rights to their photograph; the city is not licensed to release the image to a third party.
- A model release form is not required.
- Each photographer may enter up to five photographs, but only one may win.
- Each print must be labeled with photographer's name, address, phone number, email address, and where the photo was taken.
- Winners receive $25 cash, 10 calendars and publicity via news releases and distribution of 15,000 calendars.
- Photographs can either be mailed with the signed release form, or dropped off at the Littleton Center City Manager's Office, 2255 West Berry Avenue, Littleton, CO 80120. All photos will be available for pick-up after the judging.