Deadline for the 2017 calendar is Friday, September 16, 2016
The photo contest for the Littleton Calendar and Annual Report is open to the public. Entries are accepted all year long, up to the deadline. The city's Fine Arts Board judges all the photographs and chooses 13 winners — one for each month and one for the cover of the calendar. For more information, call 303-795-3728.
Photos may be submitted online or in-person. The following rules apply:
- Only horizontal images taken within, or associated with, the City of Littleton will be considered.
- Photographers are strongly encouraged to take pictures that are easily recognizable as being in the city limits. Please check the address to be sure that the photo was taken within the city limits. Many areas have a Littleton mailing address, but are not in the city limits.
- Digital entries submitted online must be at least 9" x 12" at 300 dpi (3600 x 2700 pixels).
- Prints must be accompanied by a CD with the original high-resolution TIF or JPG files at least 9" x 12" and 300 dpi (3600 x 2700 pixels). Each print must be labeled on the back with photographer's name, address, phone number, email address, description of photo, and where it was taken.
- Images must be released for reproduction in the calendar and future publications. Winning photographers maintain personal rights to their photograph; the city is not licensed to release the image to a third party.
- A model release form is not required.
- Each photographer may enter up to five photographs, but only one may win.
- Winners receive $25 cash, 10 calendars and publicity via news releases and distribution of 15,000 calendars.
- Mailed or hand-delivered prints and CDs will be available for pick-up after the judging.
The new entry form will be posted in late April 2016. For more information contact the communications department at 303-795-3728.