City Events & Meetings Calendar
Events listed on calendars on this website are city-sponsored events or meetings and not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. For a bigger list of community events, visit the Littletonrocks.com Events Calendar.
Tentative Council Meeting Calendar — draft schedule and agendas of future city council meetings
Use the drop-down menu below to filter events on this calendar. For Bemis Library and Littleton Museum events, visit the Library and Museum Event Calendar.
CDOT Telephone Town Hall - C-470 Express Lanes
- Date: 07/16/2020 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and the High Performance Transportation Enterprise (HPTE) will host a telephone town hall to discuss the newly completed C-470 Express Lanes project between Wadsworth Boulevard and I-25.
Topics will include how to use the new Express Lanes, toll rates and ways to save money on tolls. The new Express Lanes opened for testing in June, and motorists are able to use the new lanes for free during a testing period of the toll system until mid-August 2020.
Telephone Town Hall information for motorists who want to learn more about the C-470 Express Lanes:
How to participate: CDOT will call residents in the south Denver metro area. If you do not receive a call and would like to participate, dial 855-710-6230.
The C-470 Express Lanes project has improved safety and traffic flow. The project added two Express Lanes westbound from I-25 to Colorado Boulevard and one Express Lane westbound from Colorado Boulevard to Wadsworth Boulevard, as well as one Express Lane eastbound from just west of the Platte River to I-25.
In addition to the new Express Lanes, the project reconstructed a portion of the existing pavement and added auxiliary lanes between interchanges, improved portions of on- and off-ramps, widened the existing bridges throughout the project area and replaced the bridges over the South Platte River, installed water-quality features and noise barriers, installed Intelligent Transportation Systems elements and tolling equipment and added grade separations for the multi-use trail at Quebec Street and Colorado Boulevard.
Once testing is complete in August, drivers will have the choice of taking the Express Lanes, which will be available 24 hours a day, for a faster, more reliable travel time in exchange for a toll. All travelers will have the choice of taking the general purpose lanes for free. On other roadways, Express Lanes have improved travel times across all lanes. To save money, drivers are encouraged to get an ExpressToll pass prior to toll commencement in August.
Toll rates for the new C-470 Express Lanes
- General purpose lanes will always be free. Tolls apply only to Express Lanes.
- Tolls will range from 65 cents to $3.60 per toll point with an ExpressToll pass, depending on the time of day.
- When tolling begins in August, drivers will be charged depending on how far they travel in the C-470 Express Lanes.
- C-470 Express Lanes are free for all motorcycles, with no pass required.
- Free carpooling is not available on these lanes.
- Get a Pass! ExpressToll saves money each time, at least 40% savings compared to the pricing without a pass. Go to www.expresstoll.com to get a pass. ExpressToll passes are used on all Express Lane and tolling facilities in Colorado. Please note, on C-470, the Switchable HOV Transponder will not provide the HOV discount, even if the slider is in HOV mode.
- Westbound travelers:
- There are three westbound toll points: from I-25/E-470 to University Boulevard, from University Boulevard to Santa Fe Drive and from Santa Fe Drive to Wadsworth Boulevard.
- Eastbound travelers:
- There are two eastbound toll points: from Wadsworth Boulevard to Broadway and from Broadway to I-25/E-470.
- Do not cross the solid white lines; enter and exit at the designated entrances and exits marked with a dashed white line.
How will tolls be collected
Tolls will be collected electronically. It’s best to have an ExpressToll pass that is used on all toll facilities in Colorado. If you plan to carpool on other Express Lanes, where free carpooling is allowed, e.g., I-25 or US 36 Express Lanes, you should get an ExpressToll pass that switches to the HOV mode so you can ride in the Express Lanes for free as long as there are three or more people in the vehicle. Note that the C-470 Express Lanes will not have a free HOV option. An ExpressToll pass is the most cost-effective way to pay tolls. For those Express Lane users who do not have an ExpressToll pass, cameras will read their license plate and they will be billed for tolls. License plate tolling could be up to 40% higher due to administrative costs of processing billing.
Project email: C470info@flatironcorp.com
24-hour Hotline: 303-347-0507