For more news, visit
- Kelli Narde Director of Communications, 303-734-8400
- Commander Trent Cooper Police PIO, 303-795-3848
Used Oil & Cooking Grease Disposal
It's the second annual Grease and Oil Take-Back event on Saturday, November 24 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the South Platte Water Renewal Partners (SPWRP) facility.
Littleton and Englewood residents who live within the SPWRP service areas can drop off used cooking oil and/or automotive engine oil free of charge. Participants will enjoy free hot dogs, educational resources, and a chance to win prizes.
- Drop off is free;
- Must be a resident of Littleton, Englewood, or the connector districts;
- Maximum of 10 gallons per household;
- Oil from commercial businesses will not be accepted;
- Only liquid oil can be accepted (no hardened grease);
- No oils contaminated with fuels, solvents, or water;
- No oil filters or antifreeze;
- Proof of residency may be required.
Recycling oil is extremely important to maintain a healthy water renewal facility and collection system. Dumping used cooking oil and/or automotive oil down the drain causes it to congeal. This results in clogs and blockages in homes as well as in the collection system. It also contributes to dangerous conditions in the collections systems and damages the health of the useful bacteria in water renewal.
Visit SPWRP Community Events page for the latest information.