While the Littleton Center is currently closed to the public, Building and Development staff continue to operate remotely and will maintain as many business operations as possible.
Staff will continue to answer phones and respond to emails. Meetings scheduled with a staff member will likely still take place virtually via phone or video chat and should be pre-arranged with the staff member via email.
A pre-application meeting is required before submittal of a formal land application and benefits the applicant by giving them the opportunity to present basic information to staff representatives from the Community Development, Public Works, and Fire Departments. The applicant will receive general comments on the feasibility of the plan, the process(es), submittal requirements and fees required to process and review the plan. To request a pre-application meeting, applicants should complete a pre-application meeting request form.
**Pre-Application meetings are scheduled on a first come, first served basis via e-mail. Please note, demand for a meeting ebbs and flows -- scheduling for pre-application meetings could be 2-3 weeks out.**
Preliminary Project Plan Process (P4)
Applicants requesting a new Planned Development or an amendment to a Planned Development may be eligible for a Preliminary Project Plan Process (P4) review before planning commission and city council. These non-binding discussions must be scheduled after a pre-application meeting and prior to formal application submittal. Eligibility for the P4 review will be determined during the Pre-Application meeting. These requests are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. To request a P4 review, applicants, should complete a preliminary project plan process (P4) application form.
The Land Development Application combines all the old, separate applications into one easy-to-use form (with the exception of Historic Preservation and Wireless Communication Facilities). Right-click and save the link above to download the fillable PDF form. Submittals are processed twice per week. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Contact the Community Development Department at 303-795-3748 with questions and ask for the Planner On Call.
All development applications shall include:
- Completed Land Development Application
- All Application Submittal Checklist materials (including Design Standards Checklists,
provided at pre-application meeting)
- Development packet materials (see Operating Standards)
- Application fees
Operating Standards and Checklist
General Planned Development Plan
Administrative Amendment to General Planned Development Plan
Amended General Planned Development Plan
Conditional Use with Site Development Plan
Conditional Use with Site Development Plan - Supplementary Requirements
Conditional Use with Sketch Plan
Conditional Use with Sketch Plan - Supplementary Requirements
Planned Development Overlay
Planned Development Overlay
Major, Minor, or Sign Variance
Board of Adjustment Appeal (please call 303-795-3754)
Wireless Communication Facilities
Application for Wireless Communication Facilities (WCF)
Eligible WCF Application Submittal Checklist
Application for WCF in a Public Right-of-Way (PROW)
PROW WCF Application Submittal Checklist
Small Cell Design Criteria Supplement
Non-eligible facilities may require additional submittal materials as required by §10-16 in the City Zoning Regulations.
Pre-Application Meetings are not required for submittal of WCF applications.
- Certificate of Historic Appropriateness (COA) Submittal Checklist
- Historic Landmark Designation
- Main Street Historic District Designation
- State Tax Credit for Historic Building Rehabilitation (please call 303-795-3719)
Zoning Permit Applications
- Amplified Sound Ordinance and Permit Application
- Group Home Application
- Home Occupations Application
- Sign Permit
- Special Temporary Sign Permit
- Temporary Use Permit
- Other Permit Center Applications & Forms
Public Hearing/Legal Notice Forms & Guidelines
- Public Notice Posting Instructions
- Public Notice - Posting Affidavit Form A
- Public Notice - Posting Affidavit Form B
- Adjacent Property Owner Lookup Guide
- Public Hearing Presentation Guidelines for Applicants
- Public Hearing Procedures and Citizens Guide to City Council Meetings
- Address Request Form
- Building Board of Appeals Application
- Pre-Application Meeting and Request Form
**Pre-Application meetings are scheduled on a first come, first served basis via e-mail. Please note, due to high demand, scheduling for pre-application meetings may be 2-3 weeks out.**
- Preliminary Project Plan Process (P4) Application Form
- Open Records Request Form (submitted to City Clerk, questions call 303-795-3753)
- Zoning Letter Request Form
- Dumpster/Pod Permit Request Form (please call Traffic at 303-795-3834)
Contact the Permit Center for additional building permit applications. Incomplete submittals will not be accepted.