- Beginning Monday, November 23, all appointments at the Littleton Center will be discontinued.
- Beginning Monday, November 23, building inspection procedures have changed.
- Virtual inspections can be booked online using the eTRAKiT Portal.
- Masks worn over the nose and mouth are required for entry into all city buildings and facilities (does not apply to children ages 2 and under).
Department Staff may be reached by phone or email and virtual meetings may be pre-arranged via email with the individual staff member. Quick links and phone numbers are available on the main Building and Development page.
A pre-application meeting is required before submittal of a formal land application and benefits the applicant by giving them the opportunity to present basic information to staff representatives from the Community Development, Public Works, and Fire Departments. The applicant will receive general comments on the feasibility of the plan, the process(es), submittal requirements and fees required to process and review the plan.
To request a pre-application meeting , applicants should log in to the Littleton eTRAKiT Portal. Staff will review the meeting request and schedule the pre-application meeting. Pre-Application meetings are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Meetings are held on Thursday mornings at either 9:00 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. and are limited to one hour. The applicant and the project contacts will receive an emailed meeting invitation with additional details regarding meeting location or instructions for a virtual meeting.
Preliminary Project Plan Process (P4)
Applicants requesting a new Planned Development or an amendment to a Planned Development may be eligible for a Preliminary Project Plan Process (P4) review before planning commission and city council. These non-binding discussions must be scheduled after a pre-application meeting and prior to formal application submittal. Eligibility for the P4 review will be determined during the Pre-Application meeting. These requests are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. To request a P4 review, applicants should log in to the Littleton eTRAKiT Portal.
The Land Development Application will move to an online submittal process beginning on June 22. Development applications marked with the blue letter E () will only be accepted through the new online Building Permit and Development Review System, eTRAKiT. Submittals are processed twice per week. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Contact the Community Development Department at 303-795-3748 or 303-734-8076 with questions and ask for the Planner On Call or email DRT@littletongov.org.
All development applications shall include:
- All Application Submittal Checklist materials (including Design Standards Checklists, provided at pre-application meeting)
- Development packet materials (see Operating Standards)
- Application fees (payment instructions to be provided upon confirmation of a complete application)
Operating Standards and Checklist
General Planned Development Plan
Administrative Amendment to General Planned Development Plan
Amended General Planned Development Plan
Conditional Use with Site Development Plan
- Conditional Use with Site Development Plan - Supplementary Requirements
Conditional Use with Sketch Plan
- Conditional Use with Sketch Plan - Supplementary Requirements
Planned Development Overlay
Wireless Communication Facilities
- WCF Application Submittal Checklist
Non-eligible facilities may require additional submittal materials as required by §10-16 in the City Zoning Regulations.
Pre-Application Meetings are not required for submittal of WCF applications.
Historic Preservation Application
- Certificate of Historic Appropriateness (COA) Submittal Checklist
- Historic Landmark Designation
- Main Street Historic District Designation
- State Tax Credit for Historic Building Rehabilitation (please call 303-795-3719)
Zoning Permit Applications
- Amplified Sound Ordinance and Permit Application
- Group Home Application (please call 303-734-8076)
- Home Occupations Application
- Sign Permit (Coming to eTRAKiT in Phase II, see Permit Applications and Forms)
- Special Temporary Sign Permit (Coming to eTRAKiT in Phase II, see Permit Applications and Forms)
- Temporary Use Permit
- Other Permit Center Applications & Forms
Public Hearing/Legal Notice Forms & Guidelines
- Public Notice Posting Instructions
- Public Notice - Posting Affidavit Form A
- Public Notice - Posting Affidavit Form B
- Adjacent Property Owner Lookup Guide
- Public Hearing Presentation Guidelines for Applicants
- Public Hearing Procedures and Citizens Guide to City Council Meetings
- Meeting Videos & Agendas / Virtual Meetings - Viewing and Participation Options
- Address Request Form
- Building Board of Appeals Application
- Pre-Application Meeting and Request Form
- Preliminary Project Plan Process (P4) Application Form
- Zoning Letter Request Form
- Standard items covered in a zoning letter include:
- Zoning District and Permitted Uses
- Any Zoning or Code Violations related to the property
- Any Conditional Uses or Variances related to the property
- Any anomalies on the property
- Answers to specific questions about compliance or requiring a site visit shall necessitate a customized letter.
- Standard items covered in a zoning letter include:
- Open Records Request Form (submitted to City Clerk, questions call 303-795-3753)
- Dumpster/Pod Permit Request Form (please call Traffic at 303-795-3834)
Contact the Permit Center for additional building permit applications. Incomplete submittals will not be accepted.