Bemis Public Library Computer Rules
- A computer sign-in and reservation system is used for all public computers at the library. Instructions on how to use the sign-in and reservation system are available at the lower level Reference Desk and at the reservation station located next to the printers.
- The charge for printing is $.10 per side/page; $.50 per side/page for color printing. Print jobs remain in the queue for a maximum of two hours.
- Users may save files to their own flash drives. The Library is not responsible for any damage to data, including viruses, which may occur when using a Library computer.
- Children in fifth grade and under must be accompanied by an adult to use the computers. Unfiltered computers, #1-4, are restricted to users age 18 and up and the user is required to present a valid photo ID.
- Only programs owned by the Library may be used in the computers.
- When using programs that produce sound, headphones must be used.
- Using a library card number other than your own, without the permission of the owner of the card, is prohibited. First offense will result in being banned from the Library for two weeks. The police will be contacted for the second offense.
Computers should not be used for illegal activity, to access illegal materials, or to access materials which are obscene. Users who access the Internet and other electronic services on Library computers are responsible for using them in an ethical, legal and considerate manner.
Prohibited use of Library computers includes, but is not limited to:
- Engaging in any activity that is deliberately offensive or creates an intimidating or hostile environment for the public or staff.
- Representing oneself as another person online.
- Using the Internet to transmit obscene, threatening, or harassing materials.
- Viewing, displaying, or printing explicit graphical images which are in violation of Federal or Colorado law.
- Damaging or destroying equipment, software, or data belonging to the Library or others, including adding, altering, or deleting files on Library workstations, hard drives, or other Library computer equipment, and propagating computer worms or viruses.
- Violating computer system or network integrity, including attempts to bypass network security functions, obtain passwords, or alter the configuration of Library workstations in any way.
- Violating copyright laws or licensing agreements.
- Using the computers for any other illegal purposes.
NOTE: Failure to comply with the above rules, procedures and policies, or the Library's posted Bemis Public Library Rules, may result in the patron's temporary or permanent loss of Library privileges. Unlawful activities will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.