Bemis Public Library provides meeting room space free of charge for members of the community for the presentation and exchange of information and opinions of all kinds. The library makes these rooms available on equal terms to all persons and groups, regardless of opinion or affiliation. By making a meeting space available, the library does not sponsor or endorse the views of any group using the space. Publicity for meetings is the responsibility of the group and the group may not list the Library as a sponsor or encourage the public to contact the Library for information.
The Library has one large meeting room (holds up to 100) and one small conference room (holds up to 20) available at no charge. The rooms cannot be used by groups of less than 6.
Meeting rooms can be scheduled up to thirty (30) days in advance and are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
Meeting room policies
- Meeting rooms can be scheduled up to thirty (30) days in advance and are booked on a first-come, first-served basis
- Meeting rooms are available:
Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.
Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Meeting rooms are available during normal business hours. Groups must begin cleaning the room no later than 15 minutes before the library closes, and all attendees must have exited the library by closing time.
- Groups are responsible for setting up and cleaning up the room. When completing your application, please allow ample set-up time before, and clean-up time after your meeting. In the large meeting room, chairs and tables are available in the storage area at the west end of the room. When the meeting is over, the chairs and tables must be stacked on the dollies, and everything returned to the storage area. In the conference room, tables and seating for 20 are already in place and must be returned to their original position if rearranged.
- The library has an LCD projector available. A separate agreement requesting the use of the LCD projector must be completed by the responsible party and approved by the library. The ceiling projector and sound system installed in the meeting room is for staff use only.
- Light refreshments (tea, coffee, cookies, donuts) are permitted. Meals, including catered box lunches, are prohibited.
- The Library does not have space to store items for groups and will not be held responsible for items left behind.
- Smoking is prohibited by City ordinance.
- Groups shall use and occupy the meeting room only in a manner which complies with all applicable Municipal, State, and Federal laws, ordinances, executive orders and rules and regulations.
- Any group that fails to abide by these rules will be prohibited future use of the meeting rooms. Additionally, the library reserves the right to terminate use of the premises at any time if the use is not consistent with what is outlined above and/or the conduct of the group or any member is disruptive or harmful to the facility, library materials, exhibits, furnishings or other individuals.
Complete and return request form to:
6014 S. Datura Street
Littleton, CO 80120