Bemis Library has two rooms available for the public to reserve. The large meeting room can seat up to 100 people and the small conference room can seat up to 20. They are available for use by non-profit groups whose meetings are open to the general public; fees may not be charged. The rooms may not be reserved by groups of less than eight. They may not be reserved for social gatherings or commercial (profit) purposes.
Authors presenting programs for the library may sell their own books and are responsible for collecting the appropriate sales tax; no advance promotion of books for sale is allowed. No other items may be sold by any individual or group. Groups may not solicit donations while on library premises.
The library does not charge to reserve these rooms.
An officer or representative of the group is required to complete and submit the application form below. Children under 18 may use the meeting room with an adult sponsor; the sponsor must complete the application.
Complete and return request form to:
6014 S. Datura Street
Littleton, CO 80120
Meeting room policies
- Meeting rooms may be scheduled up to two months in advance and are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. Library- and city-sponsored groups may book rooms one year in advance.
- Meeting rooms are available the following days and times:
- Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8:50 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4:50 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.
- Groups will not be allowed in the library before 9 a.m. Monday through Saturday, or before 1 p.m. on Sunday. Groups are expected to leave no later than the time specified on the application form. Groups must start cleaning up the room no later than 10 minutes before the library closes, and all attendees must have exited the library by closing time.
- Your group is responsible for setting up and cleaning up the room. When completing your application, allow ample set-up time before, and clean-up time after your meeting. In the large meeting room, chairs, tables and podium are available in the storage area at the west end of the room. When the meeting is over, the chairs and tables must be stacked on the dollies and everything returned to the storage area. In the conference room, tables and seating for 20 are already in place and must be returned to their original position if rearranged.
- The library has an LCD projector available. A separate agreement requesting the use of the LCD projector must be completed by the responsible party and approved by the library. Contact the library at 303-795-3961 during business hours for the separate agreement.
- Light refreshments (tea, coffee, cookies, donuts) are permitted. Meals, including catered box lunches, are prohibited. Vending machines with coffee, cold drinks and snacks are available on the main floor of the library in the Sophie’s Place area.
- The library does not have space to store items for groups and will not be held responsible for items left behind.
- Smoking is prohibited by city ordinance.
- There is a courtesy phone located by the checkout desk on the main floor. There is no access to a phone after the library closes.
- Any group that fails to abide by these rules will be prohibited from future use of the meeting rooms.