The city clerk is the official record keeper for the city. Some of her duties include:
- Coordinating municipal elections;
- Taking minutes for city council meetings and licensing authority meetings;
- Granting liquor and medical marijuana licenses within the city;
- Coordinating the appointment process for city boards, commissions, and authorities;
- Codifying new ordinances into the City Code.
TABOR pro/con statements
The city clerk is accepting pro and con statements for the two TABOR ballot questions referred by city council.
- All comments are due to the city clerk's office no later than 5 p.m. on September 22, 2017 (45 days before election)
- Only comments filed by persons eligible to vote in the City of Littleton will be summarized.
- Comments must address a specific ballot issue and shall include a signature and an address where the signer is registered to vote.
- DO NOT send your pro/con statements to the county clerk.
Without creating any new tax or increasing any current taxes, shall the City of Littleton, Colorado be authorized to retain and spend all taxes, grants and other revenues received in 2016 in excess of limitations established by Article X, Section 20 of the Colorado Constitution, using such EXCESS existing revenues only for capital projects to include some or all of the following uses and allocations depending on the availability of funds?
1. Pavement improvement initiative - residential streets
2. Bowles Avenue and Federal Boulevard intersection safety upgrades
Total project estimate using excess Existing Revenues $1,937,904.
Without creating any new tax or increasing any current taxes, shall the City of Littleton, Colorado be able to:
I. Retain and spend in 2017 and thereafter all revenues equal to the 2016 revenue total: and
II. Adjust 2016 revenue total each year thereafter for inflation as provided by Article X, section 20 of the Colorado Constitution: and
III. Adjust 2016 revenue total each year thereafter for the percentage change in local growth as provided by
Article X, Section 20 of the Colorado Constitution
And adjusted by the qualification or disqualification of enterprises and debt service changes as provided by Article X, Section 20 of the Colorado Constitution?