Littleton citizens interested in becoming a candidate should contact the city clerk’s office at 303-795-3753. Petitions for candidacy will be available from the city clerk’s office, Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 8 a.m. All completed petitions must contain 50 valid signatures and shall be provided to the city clerk’s office no later than 5 p.m. Monday, August 24, 2015.
Download Sections 1-5 in one file: 2015 Candidate Guide and Sample Forms
Download one section at a time:
- Section 1 — General Election Information and 2015 Election Calendar
- Section 2 — District Map
- Section 3 — FCPA Filing Calendar and Penalty Ordinance
- Section 4 — SAMPLE – Candidate Affidavit, Committee Registration and Nomination Petition
- Section 5 — SAMPLE – Report of Contributions and Expenditures
- Section 6 — City Charter
- Section 7 — Fair Campaign Practices Act (FCPA) C.R.S. Title 1, Article 45
- Section 8 — Article XXVIII of the Colorado Constitution
In June the city held a forum for potential candidates. During the forum, the city clerk explained qualifications, duties, nomination petitions, circulation requirements, political signs, Fair Campaign Practices Act (FCPA) requirements and election committee reporting dates. Participants learned about council responsibilities and what to expect as a council member.