Registered voters in the City of Littleton will elect four council members in 2019 – one from District II, one from District IV, and two from the city at-large. These are four-year terms except for one of the at-large positions. According to the city charter, the at-large candidate receiving the highest number of votes will serve a four-year term and the at-large candidate receiving the second-highest number of votes will serve a two-year term.
Watch the short video below for election information:
Combined election results from Littleton's three counties (Arapahoe, Jefferson and Douglas) will be posted after 7 p.m. on Election Day as they become available.
- Thursday, June 27, 6-7:30 p.m. - Potential Candidate Forum at the Littleton Center, 2255 W. Berry Ave.
- Tuesday, October 28 is the last day to return a voted ballot by mail to ensure it arrives on time. After this date, all voters should use a ballot drop-off location.
- Beginning Tuesday, October 29, Arapahoe County voters must go to a Voter Service and Polling Center to request a new or replacement ballot.
Other important election dates:
- October 14 - Counties will start mailing ballots to all registered electors;
- October 14 - 24-hour ballot drop-off locations open;
- October 28 - Last day a voter may request a ballot be sent by mail;
- November 5 - General Election Day; polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m., including all drop-off locations.
Candidate Filing Deadlines
- September 23 - Contribution and expenditure report due for period ending September 18, 2019
- October 15 - Contribution and expenditure report due for period ending October 10, 2019
- October 28 - Contribution and expenditure report due for period ending October 23, 2019
- December 5 - Contribution and expenditure report due for period ending November 29, 2019
Colorado permits online voter registration with a Colorado driver's license or ID card. You can register to vote if you will be 18 years old by Election Day, are a citizen of the United States, and have lived in Colorado at least 22 days prior to Election Day. In order to receive your ballot by mail, register or update your voter registration online through the 8th day before Election day. Refer to your county’s website or office number below for voter registration and information.
- Arapahoe County – www.arapahoevotes.com 303-795-4511
- Douglas County – www.douglasvotes.com 303-660-7444
- Jefferson County – www.jeffco.us/498/Voting-Registration 303-271-8111
Colorado voters can register through Election Day, but must register at least eight days prior to Election Day to receive a ballot in the mail. Voters who register after that day may register and pick up a ballot in person at their county's Voter Service and Polling Center.
Returning your Ballot
Ballots may be returned to the county by mail. Be sure to use adequate postage. Ballot postage details can be found in the voter instructions inside the ballot envelope. Mailed ballots must be received by 7 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, November 5, 2019. Postmarks will not count.
Dropped off ballots must be sealed in the official return envelope and placed in a ballot box in the county where you live by 7 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, November 5, 2019. Select the county where you live to find the nearest ballot drop-off location.
The Littleton Center is not a ballot drop-off location for the 2019 election.