- Monday, October 25 is the last day to return a voted ballot by mail to ensure it arrives on time. After this date, all voters should use a ballot drop-off location.
- Beginning Monday, October 25, Arapahoe County voters must go to a Voter Service and Polling Center to request a new or replacement ballot.
Other important election dates:
- Week of October 8 – Counties will start mailing ballots to all registered electors;
- October 11 – 24-hour ballot drop-off locations open;
- October 25– Last day a voter may request a ballot be sent by mail;
- November 2 – General Election Day; polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m., including all drop-off locations.
Colorado permits online voter registration with a Colorado driver's license or ID card. You can register to vote if you will be 18 years old by Election Day, are a citizen of the United States, and have lived in Colorado at least 22 days prior to Election Day. In order to receive your ballot by mail, register or update your voter registration online through the eighth (8th) day before Election Day. Refer to your county’s website or office number below for voter registration and information.
- Arapahoe County – www.arapahoevotes.com 303-795-4511
- Jefferson County – www.jeffco.us/498/Voting-Registration 303-271-8111
- Douglas County – www.douglas.co.us/elections 303-660-7444
Colorado voters can register through Election Day, but must register at least eight days prior to Election Day to receive a ballot in the mail. Voters who register after that day may register and pick up a ballot in person at their county's Voter Service and Polling Center.
Returning Your Ballot
Ballots may be returned to the county by mail. Be sure to use adequate postage. Ballot postage details can be found in the voter instructions inside the ballot envelope. Mailed ballots must be received by 7 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, November 2, 2021. Postmarks will not count.
Dropped off ballots must be sealed in the official return envelope and placed in a ballot box in the county where you live by 7 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, November 2, 2021. Refer to your county’s website below for the nearest ballot drop-off location.
- Arapahoe County ballot drop-off location
- Jefferson County ballot drop-off location
- Douglas County ballot drop-off location