Looking for the form?
- Forms are mailed in April each year to all eligible residents who received a refund the last year.
- Newly-eligible residents can download the form: 2021 Senior Property Tax Refund Application, or may call the Finance Department at 303-795-3764 to have a form mailed to them.
- The form is TWO PAGES — be sure to print and return BOTH pages or your refund will be delayed.
- On the form in the RENTERS section, the renter completes question #1; the landlord or property manager completes question #2.
- Completed forms should be mailed to the Finance Department at 2255 West Berry Ave., Littleton, CO 80120-1151.
Since 1977, the Littleton City Council has annually renewed its Senior Refund Program, providing the city’s senior residents with a partial property tax refund.
The program is available to both renters and property owners. For property owners, the refund is based on the property’s assessed valuation. Refund amounts range from $10 to $100. Refunds for renters range from $10 to $30.
Property owners whose property is in a trust or other legal entity for estate planning purposes may be eligible for a property tax refund based on the property’s assessed valuation.
To be eligible for a refund in 2021, applicants must be 65 years of age or older on or before December 31, 2020 and reside within the Littleton city limits for the entire year of 2020. Visit the Address Wizard to check if an address is in the city limits.
For more information, to obtain a form or to check to see if you qualify, call the Finance Department at 303-795-3764.