Show/Hide

COVID-19 City Resources  •  Guidelines when visiting the Littleton Center

In compliance with Tri-County Health Department orders, masks worn over the nose and mouth are required for entry into all city buildings and facilities

1960

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Littleton Police History

New police car
Littleton Police Department photo by John Grissinger

Littleton City Manager Carl Bryan (center) takes delivery of a new police car from Burt Chevrolet General Manager Bob Fisher (left). Policewoman Thelma Mason and Sergeant Carl Paulsen both watch from the background, along with Chief of Police Charles "Chuck" Drake (right). Parked in front of the Town Hall and Police Station on Main Street, the new car is a gray, 1960, Chevrolet Biscayne. Police emblems soon adorned the car and it was equipped with a police radio and a combination red light/siren on the roof. The Town's first police car was a black, 1946, Ford Deluxe, purchased in 1946 for $1,126, from Harry Groussman Ford in Englewood. (Bob Fisher later founded the Fisher Chevrolet auto dealership that still operates today in Boulder, Colorado).