Littleton Police Records issues parking permits for all neighborhoods that have permit parking areas in the City of Littleton. Permits are issued at no cost to residents Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (closed holidays).
- Residents living within a residential permit-parking district shall obtain a parking permit prior to parking any vehicle on public streets during the days and times parking restrictions are in effect within such a district.
- Permanent residential parking permits shall be attached to the lower left corner/driver’s side of the front windshield of the vehicle. Permits can be obtained Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (excluding holidays) at Littleton Police Records, 2255 W. Berry Avenue, 303-795-3880.
- Any permit lawfully issued under this policy shall constitute permission to park a vehicle in a residential permit-parking district. Such permission does not allow motorists the authority to violate, cancel or set aside any other parking restriction within the city.
- Permanent residential parking permits issued under this policy shall expire two (2) years from date of issuance. Permits shall immediately expire once the owner or lessor of the vehicle no longer resides within the district.
- Residents may obtain a maximum of two (2) guest parking permits per household for use at their own discretion, such as on company vehicles, by long-term visitors, by daycare providers, etc. Visitors displaying a guest parking permit shall have the authority to park on public streets during the days and times parking restrictions are in effect Guest permits expire two (2) years from date of issuance. These hanger-type permits shall be displayed from the rear-view mirror.
- Residents may obtain contractor/event permits for large social events or in the event of construction being done at the home. Contractor/event permits are only valid the day of the event or while work is being completed. We ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice for contractor/event permits.
Permits may be revoked by the Traffic Analyst or Police Department if the holder of the permit fails to abide by any of the conditions of the permit or if the permit is not used for its intended purpose.
Utility, government, delivery and service vehicles, which are parked on the street while actively providing a service, or making a delivery to residential dwelling units within the district, are exempt from this regulation. Motorcycles shall be exempt from the requirements of this policy and may be parked within the district without displaying a valid parking permit.
For questions regarding this permit-parking policy, contact the police records manager at 303-795-3880. To explore the requirements and process of establishing a parking permit zone in your neighborhood, visit Parking Permit Zones.