Permits & Licenses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Temporary outdoor business operations

  • Weekends on Mainevent created to help restaurants obtain additional seating outside to compensate for the seating lost inside due to social-distancing requirements
  • Temporary Outdoor Expansion  — program which would allow businesses to temporarily expand into outdoor spaces adjacent to their building such as sidewalks, parking spaces and select streets with the property owner’s permission

Other city permits and licenses

Building Permit and Development Review System (eTRAKiT)
With eTRAKiT, the homeowner, developer and contractor may apply and pay for some permits online (more coming in Phase II), submit development applications electronically, request a pre-application meeting, track the progress of their construction projects online, schedule and locate the results of inspections, check plan review status, and view the anticipated date when a permit will be issued. Licensed contractors may also log in and view their previous permits using the password found on their Littleton contractor's license. 

Business & Sales Tax License
Anyone engaged in commerce of any kind (including a home-based business) within the City of Littleton (city limits map) is required to complete the above form. A separate license is required for each physical location where a retailer operates a retail business within the city.

Event Permits
Required for events that will have: more than 100 attendees; will take place in a city park, street, or facility; street closure; fireworks; alcohol; amplified sound. See Event Permit page for more information.

Film/Video Permit

Littleton requires a permit for any film/video production in the city, including city parks. See the city limits map if you are not sure if the location is in the city.

Food & Vendor Truck Registration
This program has been temporarily suspended. Required for all food and vendor trucks operating in the City of Littleton. There is no fee for food or vendor trucks to register for the program. This will assist the city in making sure food and vendor trucks operate safely within the city, are in good standing in terms of health and fire codes, and collect and remit retail sales tax.

Liquor Licenses and Permits
The City Clerk's office processes all applications for liquor licenses and special event liquor permits for establishments and events in the City of Littleton. 

Main Street Banners
Guidelines and application to request to hang a banner on Main Street.

Neighborhood Parking Permit Program
Managed by Building Division's Permit Center online and by mail. The establishment of new parking permit zones has been suspended. 

Short-Term Rental Licenses
If you rent your primary residence to guests for 1-28 days at one time, a short-term rental license is required. If you rent long-term for 29+ days at a time, no license is required. Short -term rentals are not allowed in non-primary residences, accessory dwelling units, temporary structures or recreational vehicles (See Ord. 25-2021). This license must be included in the booking calendar of any online advertisement. See Short-Term Rental License or Short-Term Rental (STR) pages for more information and check the city limits map if you are not sure if the location is in the city.