To request a date to hang a banner on Main Street, follow these steps.
- Check the Main Street Banner Schedule below for date availability.
- Read the Main Street Banner Guidelines below.
- Complete a Main Street Banner Date Request Form for your event.
- Submit a proof or mockup of your banner to email@example.com.
For banner display on business properties, visit the Sign Code page or contact the community development department at 303-795-3748.
Dates may be requested up to one year in advance. The city tries to accommodate requested start dates but start dates are not guaranteed. Banners promoting events take priority. Banners scheduled for dates that fall on a Monday holiday will be put up the next business day.
Dates are subject to change at any time without notice.
- August 21
- September 11, 18
- October 16, 30
- January 22, 29
- February 5, 12, 19, 26
- March 5, 12, 19, 26
- April 2, 9, 16, 23
- May 7, 21
- August 20, 27
- September 3, 10, 17
- October 15, 29
- November 5
- For best visibility by passing motorists, banners should have MINIMAL lettering and design.
- Banners must be constructed of 18-oz. scrim vinyl, capable of withstanding most weather conditions that may exist (high wind, rain or snow). Wind slits or flaps must be placed throughout the banner.
- Banner must be hemmed on all four sides.
- Banners must be supplied with reinforced metal grommets on all four sides through the hem (two layers of vinyl). Grommets on the long edges spaced approximately 12 inches apart starting at the corners, and three grommets on left and right side. See example at right.
- Banners must be 30 feet wide and 36 inches high.
- Banners shall only be placed at the designated location on Main Street in downtown Littleton.
- Banners must promote an event in the City of Littleton.
- A Main Street Banner Date Request Form must be completed and submitted to the city at least 30 days prior to requested start date.
- The banner application form must be accompanied by a proof, rendering, or mockup of the banner. Banners will not be approved without this sample.
- Check the dates in the schedule above for date availability.
- Dates may be requested up to one year in advance. The city tries to accommodate requested start dates but start dates are not guaranteed.
- The city will install and remove all banners on the dates approved by the communications director. Banners are installed on Mondays (Tuesdays if Monday is a holiday) and are displayed for one week.
- Any banner that becomes torn or in any way deteriorates and becomes unsafe will be removed at the sole discretion of the city.
- Only one banner can be installed at any time.
- Religious banners are not permitted.
- Deliver banners at least one week and no more than two weeks before the approved start date. Banners must be delivered between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. to the Littleton Service Center, 1800 W. Belleview Ave . There is a blue container for the banners just inside the main entrance.
- Banners must be clearly labeled with the EVENT NAME in the corner on the back of the banner. Event name must be readable when the banner is rolled up. Include a copy of the application form with the rolled-up banner.
- Banners must be picked up from the same location. Banners left at the Service Center more than 30 days after being displayed may be recycled.
- The city reserves the option at any time to rearrange the banner schedule to accommodate new or unscheduled city events; or to discontinue the placement of banners.
For questions regarding the Main Street Banner Guidelines, email the communications department.