Main Street Banner Program during COVID
Banner applications are being accepted for 2021, but install dates are not guaranteed. Banners promoting city programs will take priority.
- If the requested install date is not available, another date may be offered, or the application may not be approved.
- A previously-approved date might need to be bumped as circumstances and programs change. If this happens, the applicant will be notified.
|These dates have been reserved:
- Banners are installed on Mondays by a Littleton Streets Department crew unless the crew has a higher-priority assignment such as snow-plowing.
- If there is inclement weather, the banner will be installed on the next day that the crew is available.
- If Monday is a holiday, the banner will be installed on the next available day.
- All banners (except certain city banners) are displayed for one week.
- There is no charge to display a banner on Main Street.
- Organizations are responsible for designing and purchasing their own banners.
- Banners must promote a community-wide event within the Littleton city limits.
- Banners cannot promote a commercial business's individual sales, specials, classes, workshops, etc.
- Any banner that becomes torn or in any way deteriorates and becomes unsafe will be removed at the sole discretion of the city.
- Only one banner will be displayed at a time.
- This request must be received at least 21 days in advance.
- Install dates may be requested up to one year in advance.
- The city tries to accommodate requested install dates but install dates are not guaranteed.
- The city will install and remove all banners on the dates approved by the communications department.
- Religious banners are not permitted.
- The city tries to accommodate requested install dates but install dates are not guaranteed. If your requested install date changes, you will be notified. Banners promoting city events take priority.
- The city reserves the option at any time to rearrange the banner schedule to accommodate new or unscheduled city events; or to discontinue the placement of banners.
- Before completing the Main Street Banner Date Request Form, check the date table above to make sure your desired install date is available.
- For best visibility by passing motorists, banners should have very simple lettering and design.
- Use high-contrast colors. Light-color text such as yellows and golds do not show up well unless they are on a dark background.
- Do not use unnecessary text such as ordinals after the date (i.e., 12th, 22nd), complicated URLs, or long descriptions. A simple URL is more easily-remembered and can provide more information to motorists than a phone number.
- A FINAL rendering, FINAL proof, or photo of the banner MUST be submitted with the form. Banners will not be approved without the FINAL example.
- Banners must be constructed of 18-oz. scrim vinyl, capable of withstanding most weather conditions that may exist (high wind, rain or snow). Wind slits or flaps must be placed throughout the banner.
- All banners must be 30 feet wide and 36 inches high.
- Banner must be hemmed on all four sides.
- Banners must be supplied with reinforced metal grommets on all four sides through the hem (two layers of vinyl). Grommets on the long edges must be spaced approximately 12 inches apart starting at the corners, and three grommets on left and right side at the top, center and bottom.
Any banner that becomes torn or in any way deteriorates and becomes unsafe will be removed at the sole discretion of the city.
- Deliver banners at least one week and no more than two weeks before the approved install date to the Belleview Service Center from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Banners may be picked up from the Service Center on the first Wednesday after they have been displayed.
- Banners left at the Service Center more than 30 days will be discarded without notice!
For questions regarding the Main Street Banner Guidelines, contact the communications department.
Request an install date - Application Form
- Submit the Main Street Banner Install Date Request Form at least 30 days and no more than 365 days in advance of the date being requested.
- Form must include a final rendering, final proof, or photo of your banner.
- An email will be sent confirming the assigned banner date.
- A new Install Date Request Form is required every year for all annual events.
Commercial signs and banners
For banner and temporary and permanent sign display on business properties, visit the Sign Code page or contact the community development department at 303-795-3748.