Littleton Invests For Tomorrow (LIFT, formerly the Littleton Riverfront Authority) has the following roles and responsibilities:
- Ability to enter into contracts, borrow funds and make appropriations and expenditures;
- Preparation of proposed urban renewal areas and urban renewal plans for submission to the city council for consideration and adoption;
- Within the framework of an adopted urban renewal area and urban renewal plan, ability to undertake authorized public improvements, land assembly, demolition of buildings and disposition of property;
- Ability to use eminent domain power only if authorized by the city council, and then only in accordance with strict state statutory provisions and limitations;
- Ability to retain staff and consultants; and, Ability to enter into agreements with other public entities and agreements with property owners and developers.
The LIFT Board of Directors is appointed by city council. Applications for vacancies for all city boards, commissions and authorities are accepted from December 1 through January 31 each year. City council reviews and interviews applicants in February, and terms begin April 1 each year.
For more information about LIFT , visit the LIFT website.