4-year term, expires 2019
Brinkman high-res photo
- South Platte Working Group
- Metro Mayors Caucus
- Mile High Flood District Board
- Arapahoe County, Manager, Mayors Committee
- City Mgr/Atty/Judge Review Committee
Debbie Brinkman was first elected to the city council in November 2007 representing District IV. She served as Mayor 2011-2013 and 2017-2019. She served as Mayor Pro-Tem 2009-2011 and 2015-2017.
Brinkman has served as council liaison/designee on the following:
- Museum Board
- Fine Arts Committee
- South Platte Working Group 2007 - present
- Arapahoe County Mayors, Managers and Commissioners 2011-2103, 2017-2019
- Metro Mayor Caucus 2011-2013, 2017-2019
- Urban Drainage and Flood Control 2011-2013, 2017-2019
- Open Space Task Force
- Littleton Fire Protection Partners Group 2015 - present
- C-470 Coalition 2015 - present
- Colorado Municipal League Executive Board 2011-2113
- Colorado Municipal League Policy Committee 2015 - 2017
- Judicial Review Committee
Brinkman continues to be a voice for open space, water flows in the South Platte River, and trail safety. She is committed to city’s economic development and has been a leader in the efforts to support smart development, business growth and visioning Littleton's future. Brinkman is an advocate for community involvement, communication and trust.
Brinkman earned her bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communications from the University of Northern Colorado.
Brinkman is Director of the Institute for Excellence in Governance which is a professional development training subgroup of CPS HR.