2021-2022 City Council Work Plan Dashboard
The typical process for council to approve the annual goals and objectives starts with a workshop at the beginning of the year. In 2020 the workshop was held on February 1. The process would then require staff to develop a work plan which includes actions steps and a schedule. This work plan would then be presented to council for review and approval with the last step being a resolution of adoption typically in April. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has upended that process.
The city will no doubt see lasting impacts from the pandemic and will have significant work ahead to meet both the immediate needs and reallocate resources to maintain services in the longer term. As a result, staff has revised the work plan and will continue to monitor all items and will work to provide another update in July or August.
2020-2021 City Council Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: Quality Community - Envision Littleton
To work together with the community towards the common goals outlined in the Comprehensive Plan. To promote a sense of discovery and connection, encouraging members of the community to express their beliefs and values, as well as build lasting relationships that contribute to the overall success of the city.
- Objective 1: Unified Land Use Code
- Objective 2: Additional Code Enhancements
- Objective 3: Littleton Engineering Design Standards (LEDS)
- Objective 4: Economic Development Strategic Planning
Goal 2: Financial Sustainability
To develop a long-term sustainable financial plan for the City of Littleton by aligning available resources with community priorities in order to provide beneficial, meaningful, and valued services and programs, while incorporating the necessary investment to maintain and develop the value in community assets.
- Objective 1: Evaluate & Prioritize Existing Programs and Services (Priority Based Budgeting)
- Objective 2: Evaluate Fees for Services (Fee Structures)
- Objective 3: Identify, Assess, and Prioritize Long-Term Capital Needs (Long-Term Capital Needs)
- Objective 4: Identify and Assess Opportunities for Funding (Long-Term Funding Needs)
Goal 3: Good Governance
To be responsive, approachable, welcoming, fair, and accountable internally and externally. Facilitate on-going conversation that captures all the considerations involved in assuring interests are addressed and reflected in city policy initiatives.
- Objective 1: High Performing Organization
- Objective 2: Strategic Communications
- Objective 3: Strategic Partnerships
- Objective 4: Technology Strategic Planning