Each year the Littleton City Council considers requests for funding from nonprofit organizations that serve Littleton residents. Council awards the grants to the organizations during the budget process. Requests may include operational, one-time special purpose grants, or event sponsorships (in-kind or cash).
Application guidelines for 2020
Application deadline is Friday, June 28, 2019 at 5 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions upon city council’s adoption of next year's budget in December. All requests for cash and/or in-kind support MUST be completed online. Council cannot consider any requests without a completed application.
Preference is given to:
- Programs and events historically supported by the city that directly serve Littleton citizens;
- Programs with the most connection to Council Goals and Objectives (as identified in the Envision Littleton process);
- Programs with greatest community impact;
- Programs with the highest number of citizen participants;
- Established service providers within the city.
Grants will not be award for:
- Debt or deficit reduction;
- Events and/or activities outside the city limits;
- Capital improvements;
- For-profit events and/or activities.
- All applicants must agree to reference the city as a sponsor for programs supported via monetary grants or in-kind sponsorship;
- Individual awards are capped at $25,000;
- Applicants must submit a brief summary of how prior years' funds were used and contributed to the community with any subsequent applications.
For questions about this process, contact the city's communications director.
2019 Grant Recipients
The following organizations were approved by city council to receive a discretionary grant during the 2019 budget process.
|Arapahoe Community College Foundation||$1,500|
|Arapahoe County Mayors and Commissioners Youth Award Program||$500|
|Arapahoe Rescue Patrol, Inc.||$1,500|
|Arapahoe Santa Claus Shop||$800|
|Bega-Littleton Sister City Exchange||$600|
|Gateway Domestic Violence Services||$5,000|
|Historic Downtown Littleton Merchants Association||In-kind sponsorship|
|Humane Society of the South Platte Valley||$4,500|
|Integrated Family Community Services||$25,000|
|Littleton Crabapple Route, Inc.||$1,500|
|Littleton Public Schools Foundation||$3,500 and in-kind sponsorship
|Love INC of Littleton||$2,500|
|North Littleton Promise||$5,000|
|Rocky Mountain Stroke Center||$1,000|
|TLC Meals on Wheels||$8,400|
|Western Welcome Week||In-kind sponsorship|