City council tasked the city manager and community development to create a new model for community outreach. The first topic selected by council in April 2017 was Downtown Littleton and Parking.
Appreciative Inquiry Model
Introduction & Individual Interviews
- Participants were greeted and given a brief description of the Appreciative Inquiry process
- Participants broke into one-on-one interview groups with participants whom they did not know
- Each group was given interview questions with a specific amount of time for each question
- Groups spread out through facility to conduct interviews
Small Group Presentation
- All participants then broke into small groups of 6 to 8 people to discuss the outcomes of the interviews
- Volunteers conducted the small group meetings and documented info
- Discussions that were started were related to themes and similarities in participants' stories
Large Group Discussion
- All participants gathered together and representatives from the small groups shared the 3 most reoccurring themes from the small group discussions.