Welcome to Littleton!
Congratulations on selecting the Second Best City in America to make your new home! Moving to a new town can trigger lots of questions as you get settled. Let's get started.
Many residents think they live in the city limits but are surprised to learn that they don't. As you can see on the map, the Littleton city limits are very irregular do not reach very far west into Jefferson County, except for the TrailMark neighborhood in the southwest corner. Littleton mailing addresses however, (as designated by the US Postal Service) reach well into unincorporated Jefferson and Douglas counties. Check the Littleton city limits map to see if you reside in the city limits.
Know your county
The Littleton city limits extend into three counties: Arapahoe, Jefferson and Douglas. It is important to know your county when seeking county services such as obtaining a driver's license and vehicle license plates, property tax information, and elections and voter registration.
Local utilities and agencies serving Littleton
- Gas: Xcel Energy
- Electric: Xcel Energy
- Water: Denver Water
- Sewer and storm drainage: City of Littleton
- Public transportation: Regional Transportation District (RTD)
- Trash and Recycling Services is not a city-provided service
- Telephone, Internet, cable TV, satellite TV, etc.: many private communication companies service Littleton and the greater Denver Metro area. Use your favorite search engine to find a company that fits your needs and budget.
- Subscribe to City News - News and announcements from the city emailed directly to you
- LittletonPlans.com - Community planning efforts
- Littleton Public Schools
- Jeffco Public Schools
- Douglas County School District
- South Suburban Parks and Recreation
- Foothills Park and Recreation District - TrailMark residents
- Nextdoor - local neighborhood social network
- Bemis Public Library - seniors, immigrants, teens, children and adults programs
- Arapahoe Libraries
- Interactive Neighborhood Map